"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Husband Rocks

So, since before Thanksgiving, I have been dying for this ring.


Have you ever heard of The Vintage Pearl? 
I absolutely LOVE her products.

I want everything!!

But I especially wanted this ring.

It's called the CHUNKY SPINNER RING.

I've always wanted a Mothers ring, and this was just my style.

So I kept dropping hints to my hubby.

For Christmas......?
For my birthday in January......?
For a Just Because.......?
No, No and No.

Sooooo, I kind of gave up hope.  

So yesterday, Valentines Day, I got home from work.....was doing my typical Tuesday afternoon laundry duty....folding clothes in my bedroom.

I had the door closed.

I heard a knock on the door and said, come in!

My 2 precious sons walk in, each with a rose in their hand.
Eric is standing behind them with 2 roses in his hand. (One from him, and one for Olivia, who was at ski club until late :)

Cameron says : "Happy Thanksgiving Mom".

I melted.

I also got the sweetest card from Eric.

I love mushy cards.



Then he handed me a gift bag and told me to open it.

This is what I found in it.

So I have to admit, it took me quite a while to figure this out.

I kept looking at him like, "What are you giving me a fish hook for? " and "What the world is another word for fat?!"

So I started with the post it note. 

Hmmm, another word for fat?
-Heavy
-Obese
-Large
-Chunky?

Yes, chunky. That's it.

The fish hook, I found out, was actually a spinner bait. I didn't know that, so my fisherman husband helped me out w/ that one. 

So, so far I have
chunky and spinner.

Well, the last clue is obviously a ring. Duh.

So put those 3 together and what do you get?

CHUNKY SPINNER RING!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEHAW!!!!!

Eric said that I will be getting my ring soon,
and it's a Valentines Day/Mothers Day gift combined.

I couldn't be happier!
I'm SO excited.

I think the world of my husband, and how creative is he to think of this?!
I'm so very blessed.

Yeah. My husband rocks.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

What a sweet guy! Although I would have never gotten the clues!! :)

memoriesmama said...

:)