"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Thursday, January 26, 2012

That time of year

It's 11:58 pm right now.

I'm sitting up with my sick baby.

I knew it was coming when he said his tummy hurt earlier. He said his brain hurt too :)

Yes, it's that time of year. Seems any time around December/January each year, we are plagued with the dreaded stomach flu. 

And seriously, is there anything worse than the stomach flu?

Not much.

It's running rampant around here right now, so I knew it was only a matter of time before we caught the rotten, stinkin bug.  Grrrrr.

I don't like interrupted nights. I don't like to see my babies with tummy aches.  I don't like cleaning up the mess. I don't like not knowing who's next. 

On the flip side though.....(I'm trying to be positive here), this is an unusual time for me. I get one on one with my sweet boy.  He's in and out of sleep, but when he's awake, we talk. 

He asks me why people puke?  Why do we have to get sick? 

He just looked at me and said, "Mom, my life would be so much better if I didn't have to puke."

Ohhhhh, my poor baby. This is when I want to play God and make him feel better instantly.  I loathe when my babies hurt, or are sick.  It just plain sucks.

He said he'd try and be quiet when he was puking so he didn't wake up Daddy.  What a thoughtful boy.

He told me earlier that he wishes he was God, so he could make trees and snow just like God does.  I just love the way a 4 year old brain works.

So, we sit and wait.....into the wee hours of the night.

One down, four to go.

No comments: