"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lavished

lav·ishadjective

1. Expended, bestowed, or occurring in profusion: lavish spending.
2. Using or giving in great amounts; prodigal (often followed by of ): lavish of his time; lavish of affection.


I struggle every day.

With so many things.

Being a good, patient Mom.

Wearing my "Christian" face.

Selfishness.

Respecting my husband.

Forgiveness.

The past.

Envy.

My prayer life.

I look at this list and think, I am not a good person.  I have so many faults. 

I fail Him daily. Over and over again. 

How can Jesus even begin to love such a sinner as I? 

But, oh. He does. He loves me more than I can truly fathom. He loves me more than I can even begin to realize. 

1 John 3:1 1 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

I am so thankful for a God full of grace. That I am a child of God!

A God who lavishes His unending love on me, day in and day out.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments: