"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Monday, January 30, 2012

Bedtime Rituals

My mom tells me that when my twin sister and I were little, every time her or Dad put us to bed, we had this little ritual.

This is what Sue and I would say, every single night before we went to bed.

Love you.
Love you whole bunch.
Love you whole bunch, yup.
Love you whole bunch, yup, night.

After each of these phrases, my parents would have to repeat what we said.

We just laugh about this now. I don't remember doing it, but my parents say it was quite humorous :)

Well, little Em is all about a bedtime ritual right now. Each night when Eric or I tuck him in, he has to say the same thing.

And it just cracks me up.

First it's "night, Mom."

I repeat.

Then "love you, Mom."

I repeat.

Then "do good, Mom."

I repeat.

Then "have fun, Mom."

I repeat.

Then "sleep good, Mom."

I repeat.

Then "see you tomorrow, Mom."

Every.Single.Night

Hahahhahaha, I love this little ritual we have. It will be fun to bring it up when he's older :)

No comments: