"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

8 Mile Race on Mackinaw Island

This past September, Eric, myself, my twin sister Sue, and Chris, my roommate from college all participated in the 8 mile race on Mackinaw Island.  What an amazing day it was. The weather seriously could not have been better - perfect temperature. The sun was shining and guided us all the way around the island as we ran.

What an absolutely gorgeous place here on God's earth. 

I, unfortunately, was not feeling well that day :( I ran this same race a year before and never stopped running once. Ran the whole thing! Yes, I was very proud of myself. I finished in 1:30. ...which to me, is great because I am so not a runner.

But this year was different. I had terrible sideaches the entire way, and couldn't catch my breath. So I ran/walked it in 1:40, which still isn't too bad considering. It was still a wonderful experience again, just enjoying God's handiwork and some time w/ my hubby, sis, and bestie.

My husband on the other hand, rocked the race. He was amazing. I admire that man so much. He pushed through a torn calf muscle and still ran the whole thing in 61 min. WOW! 

Yeah, he pretty much rocks. Love him and his determination and stamina.

Chris finished in 1:22, and Sue finished about 10 minutes after me. They both did amazing as well.

Thank you Lord for the opportunity to do this!

No comments: