"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rock

Rock–noun def.
1. a large mass of stone forming a hill, cliff, promontory, or the like.
2. Geology.
a. mineral matter of variable composition, consolidated or unconsolidated, assembled in masses or considerable quantities in nature, as by the action of heat or water.
b. a particular kind of such matter: igneous rock.
3. stone in the mass: buildings that stand upon rock.
4. a stone of any size.
5. something resembling or suggesting a rock.


What do I think of when I hear the word Rock?

Well, obviously a hard pebble/stone like thing that's usually in the dirt, right?

Yup.

Recently though, I've been thinking of another meaning for the word Rock. And it was only reaffirmed last night.

Okay, back up a few.....

I was reading devotions a couple weeks ago and this was the scripture reference:

Psalm 62:5-6
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my ROCK and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken."

This verse clung to my soul. I am sure I had read it before, but it struck me that night.

God alone is my ROCK.

A rock, is solid, strong, sturdy. That's what my God is too.

Last night, our school held their Elementary Musical. Olivia had small solo, and did supberb I must say :) (And I'm a terrible mother and forgot my camera. Boo.)

The title of the musical was "Rock Solid". Basically about how God is our rock and is always there for us. "God's love is, rock solid......" was one of the songs. It was so awesome.

I just sat there thinking how cool my God is. He's been showing me in different ways this month how He is my rock.
He is always there.
He will not change.
He will not break.
He is solid, strong and sturdy.

3 comments:

Irritable Mother said...

Ah, yes! He is my ROCK and I will not be shaken.
Not when the economy tanks.
Not when the diagnosis shocks.
Not when the world seems to be turning upside down.
I will cling to my ROCK.

Ahhhhhh.

Kasey Hunt said...

So true. Thanks for the inspiration.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great lesson to learn...especially in this crazy world that changes like the seasons. He is solid and never changes. He is our ROCK>