"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random Recipes

Easy Toffee Bars

I got this recipe from my wonderful Mother-in-law.

Wanted to share it with y'all.

These are delectable and so easy to make.

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup butter
Saltine crackers (about a package and 1/2)
1 cup brown sugar
1 pkg. milk chocolate chips

And here's how to make them.....

Heat oven to 400*

Line a jelly roll pan with tinfoil and grease the foil with cooking spray.

Cover the entire pan with saltine crackers one layer deep, like this:
Then boil together butter and brown sugar until it's thick, like this:

Pour this mixture over the saltines, like this:

Bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly sprinkle with chocolate chips, like this:
Allow chips to melt, approximately 5-7 minutes. Then spread them out evenly with a knife, like this:
Cool in your fridge and break into bar pieces. Store in fridge.
Mmmmm! My family loves these! I hope you do too!

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

nO way. I bet those are yummy with the salt and the sweetness. Thanks. Easy too.

Irritable Mother said...

O, Sal, I KNOW I would love these!
Problem is, I am quite confident I would eat almost the entire batch.

Hmmmm, next time it's my turn to make the snack for small group, I am sooooo going to make this! *grin*

Thanks.

BTW, does it have to be butter, or is margarine OK?

Grand Pooba said...

WOW, I am so making those!

Amanda said...

These look fantastic!! What a fun recipe!

Blessings-
Amanda

Irritable Mother said...

Hey - just stopping by to copy down this recipe. Finally get to make it for small group this week! *grin*

Irritable Mother said...

Everyone LOVED it!

Thanks for the recipe. *grin*