"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Monday, February 15, 2010

Spirited girls and Dogfood

A couple weeks ago, you may remember me posting about my niece Myra having surgery. Well, my sister has 5 kids. So during their stay at the hospital, she needed the help of family/friends to care for her other 4 kids :)
We got to have Mabel (4 yrs. old).
Oh is she a spirited little thang.

She loved getting to sleep in her big cousin Olivia's bed. They were being silly on this night :)

Mabel and Olivia get along really good actually, despite their age difference.

Pretty sure it's because they are both very much 'girly girls'. Love to dress up, play make-up, dance, etc....

We had so much fun with her. When we were getting her ready to take her home, I leaned down and gave her a big hug and told her how much fun we had, and how much we enjoyed having her over for 3 days. She looked at me and said, "I'm not ready to go home yet Aunt Sal." (big pouty face). So sweet.

Love that girl.

Well, not only does my sister have 5 kids. She also has a dog.

Dano Boon is his name.

We got to take care of Dano as well. We don't have a house dog. (We have a dog, he's just not in the house). But Dano is a house dog, so we made him comfy in our entry way.

One afternoon, I was upstairs putting laundry away and doing some computer work. Mabel and Olivia were in school. Cam was playing with his cars. Emmitt was....well, where was Emmitt??

Hmmm?

{Note: when your children are abnormally quiet, you know - you just know - that they are doing something naughty.}

I went downstairs to find him. This is what I found instead.






Yes, that's Dano's dogfood.
It's kind of hard to see, but seriously, there was dogfood ALL over my house. I didn't even take pictures of it all.
It was literally everywhere.
And it took me forever to clean up.
That lil stinker.
So that was a couple weeks ago.
Well, just this past Saturday, I was in the kitchen making lunch and Emmitt toddles in. He's holding something in his hand. He comes up to me and holds his hand out and says "Dano. Dano Momma. Dano."
Can you guess what he had in his hand?
Apparently I missed a piece.
I really do vacuum. Honestly, I do.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What cute pictures of the girls. I love the comforter...cute colors.
Oh no about the dog food. Not fun to clean up, but fun to blog about:)

Amanda said...

Ha! That has happened to me. DOg food is the worst! But I can always tell cause the smell lingers on those little fingers for awhile...

Blessings!
Amanda

Kristin said...

How did the surgery go?? Is everything going to be ok? I will be praying for them! So your sis has 5 kids...are you guys working towards the same goal? :)

Have a wonderful week!
Kristin

Kasey Hunt said...

Ha! Such a silly boy!

Mami Sue said...

lol i love this story sal. so fun! love the pics of mabel and liv too--she is such a good big cousin. love you