"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's a twin thang

I recently had a birthday.

January 20 to be exact. I turned 33.

I am blessed to be able to celebrate my birthday with my identical twin sister Sue. Even though I say we are the same exact age, she always has to point out that she is 4 minutes older than me.

Whatever.

Here's a cool story about us. We are our parents first-born children. My mom, 20 at the time, didn't have a clue what it felt like to be pregnant, let alone be pregnant with twins. She never had an ultrasound, and every time they checked our heartbeat(s), they were identical. Therefore, she never knew she was having twins.

Until the day we were born that is.

I saw a picture of my mom when she was pregnant with us.

She was gigantic. (Sorry Mom)

I still cannot believe, to this day, that she didn't know there were 2 babies in her womb.

The other amazing thing is that we were delivered vaginally. Which now-a-days is almost unheard of with twins. It's typically a scheduled c-section.

Susan Kaye was born first, and weighing in at only 5 lbs, they knew something was amiss :) Sure enough. Turns out little porker me was pushing my sister out so I could stay in where it was warm and keep eating all the food.

They wouldn't let me stay in there though. I was born 4 minutes later weighing 7 lbs.

Do the math. My mother was carrying a 12 pound baby(ies) and never even gave twins a thought once.

Craziness.

Some more cool stuff..... ( I know, we're kind of a big deal)

We were born on my Dad's 20th birthday, on January 20. My mom was 20 also, but only for a day. She turned 21 the very next day, January 21.

Pretty cool, huh?

So back to my twin.

I don't think you can understand the bond of a twin unless you have one. We seriously know eachother like no one else. We finish eachother's sentences. When we're together and I start to say something, she will have been thinking the same exact thing (this is almost freaky, because it happens a lot). When I go to her with a problem, or I'm down, or whatever, she knows exactly what to say. She can read me like a book. And I her. We have loads of fun and laughs together. We are enjoying raising our (8) kids together. I truly love her. So very much.

She's pretty special.

My Susie Q.

My bestest sister-friend.

My confidant.

My womb-mate.

Love you Sister Girl.







Haha. Love this one.

4 comments:

Mami Sue said...

awwweeeeee--i love you too! my womb-mate--my sister chick!
you are such a blessing to me--i'd be so lost without you.
i feel so honored--a blog post about me!! :D
xoxoxo

Grand Pooba said...

That's awesome! I didn't know you had a twin sister (I've always wanted one so me and my younger sister always pretended that we were)

So what, you just expect us to guess which one is you in all the pictures? lol

Happy Birthday! To both of you!

Kristin said...

How sweet! I am jeslous...growing up with 2 sets of twins and being the odd girl out I always wanted to understand that special bond sisters - especially twins shared! I have a younger sis but she was 6 yrs younger and growing up we were always in different places..now it has changed but still to this day I wish for twin girls of my own! :)

Happy "late" birthday! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

You two are just beautiful. Happy Late Birthday! That is a neat story.
I didn't have a sister or a twin. I sure wish I had a sister to share all those fun times with. I am so glad my girls have that bond.
Happy Belated birthday to your sister too.