"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Monday, February 8, 2010

Get in Shape!

Okay, I made a decision last week that I was going to start eating better, and excercising. I am one of those lucky people who has always had a very high metabolism. I (don't get jealous) could seriously eat whatever, and however much I wanted and not gain a pound.

Well, that was before I turned 30. It seems that things just start going downhill after that lovely age. And yup, all this is starting to catch up with me. And now I not only have some problem areas, but a terrible habit that I have to break. But, I'm doin it! Holla!

Now, I am quite tall. 5' 10" to be exact. And I don't really need to lose weight. According to whoever figures this out...my weight is right where it should be w/ my height and age. I just need to tone certain problem areas, and I want to have more energy and feel healthier.

One of my very dear friends is an excercise freako-rama!!! She should seriously be a personal trainer some day - she just rocks. So she's helping me get back in shape. We are working out together once a week, which I am loving so far. I made her swear she wouldn't laugh at me though. So far, so good.

She got me set up on this amazing web-site. It's called
www.sparkpeople.com

Maybe you've heard of it?

It's free of charge, and a really radical place that you can track how many carbs/calories/fat you are consuming and track your excercise. When you sign up, you can put in your current weight, etc.... and then enter your goal weight. It totally helps you get there! Well, er, you actually have to do the physical work, but it will sure help you along the way!

One of my guy friends has been doing it for a month or so and has already lost 15 lbs. Another one of my friends lost over 30 pounds on this program!

It motivates you, tells you if you are over or under what you should be eating every day, and even gives you a daily work-out routine if you want. And it's not hard stuff people. Seriously, if I can do it, so can you!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I am loving it so far. I'm feeling better already!

Bring it.

3 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

Work it girl!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Good luck. I have heard of it. My friend joined too.

Mami Sue said...

i'm signing up!!