"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Saturday, January 30, 2010

This ever happen to you??

Okay.
What is up with this?
Do you see these spots on Emmitt's shirt?

It looks like grease, or something, right?
Here's the thing.
It's totally clean.
I took it out of the washer that way.
I have had this happen to several of my dark clothes, and can't for the life of me figure out what's causing it? They don't have these spots when I put them in the washer, I know that.
Is it the detergent I'm using?
Ugh. Someone help!

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Not sure but it happens to me all the time too. I hate that and it always stains my favorite items.

Kasey Hunt said...

R U using a powder or liquid detergent? I have been told that you start the water put the liquid/ powder in first then the clothes. I've had some of those things happen too. Maybe soak with some oxy clean or spot remover and try again. That's the worst when it's the cute shirts!!

Kristin said...

This happens to me too - usually though I find a chapstick or a melted peppermint candy reminent that explains the stains. We also have a hunk of melter gum in our dryer that I can't get out and sometimes I wonder if it gets hot if then it doesn't stain things!!
Hope you figure it out!!

Sal B said...

Kasey, I use Tide Liquid. And I always put the detergent in w/ the water first, before the clothes. Oxy Clean is a good idea, maybe I'll try that. Glad to hear it's not just me it's happening too! Thanks ladies!

Mami Sue said...

LESTOIL!!!
SERIOUSLY IT WORKS--JUST POUR A TBLS. OF LESTOIL OVER THE SPOTS, WASH AND DRY IT AND WAALAA--THEY'RE GONE