"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankfulness



Psalm 40:5 - "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."

Do we have a lot to be thankful for, or what? Seems like I'm always grumbling about something. It's always easier to complain or see the negative, than the positive.

I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite time of year. Helps me refocus and get back to what's important in life.

When you feel like complaining, or grumbling - try to remember how many blessings God has given you, and how fortunate you really are. I always say that to my kids when they see something they want, and I tell them no - or when they won't eat their supper. The whining and negativity start and I say - "Look how many things you have at home to play with (that never get played with), and look at all the blessings we have. They are many kids who are starving to death, and/or have never even had a toy, ever."

All I know is, I'm truly thankful, and I try very hard not to take what I have for granted. There is always someone worse off.

Here's some things off the top of my head today that I give thanks for:

-My God
-His Son
-His Sacrifice
-My home
-My 3 healthy children
-My husband and our marriage
-Jobs
-Parents who are always there
-My twin sister
-My 2 brothers and their wives (I couldn't ask for better sil's :)
-My grandparents
-An abundance of food
-Vehicles
-Friends - lots of great friends
-My church familiy
-My Pastor
-Pets
-Clothing
-Books
-Games like Hungry Hippo, and Memory that I love to play with my kids
-Carseats
-Water
-Computers
-Music
-Rainbows and all of nature's beauty
-Dish soap
-A kitchen table
-My bed
-My washing machine and dryer (I'm not thankful for laundry though)
-Telephones
-Snow plows
-Swingsets
-Lawn tractors
-Toilets!
-Hair
-Family get-togethers
-NMC
-Phone books
-Tissues
-Make-up
-Hairspray
-A smile on someone's face
-Laughter from my children
-Tears of joy
-Girls Nights
-New babies
-Hugs & kisses
-A sweet card from a dear friend
-Past relationships
-New relationships
-That verse I posted at the top
-Sweet eternity w/ my Lord

Now, some of these you might say, huh?? But seriously, think about it. Aren't you thankful for a toilet? Or phone books? They sure come in handy sometimes, don't they??

Tell me some things you are thankful for?

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

memoriesmama said...

I try to remind myself that I am thankful for laundry because it means we have clothes to wear!

I'm thankful for God, His Son, His burial & resurrection, my husband (and our ever improving relationship!), our beautiful 7 girls, our baby on the way, our home, our vehicles (with no payments!), food, my parents, and so much more. I could list things forever!

And I thank you for being an inspiration to me and reminding me to take the time to be thankful!