"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Recipes

So I decided I'm going to do something different with my blog.


One of my most favorite things to do is find and share easy recipes. As a part-time employee, and full-time Mom, we all know life is crazy hectic at times, and the last thing we have time for is being in the kitchen. I have lots of favorites that are just, well, favorites! But I'm always looking for new ones as well. I am all about easy, quick recipes...but they should be tasty. And something my family will most likely enjoy :)



Sooooo, I'm gonna start sharing some of my favorite recipes on my blog. Along with a picture of it, if I remember to take one before we devour it. I love sharing my easy recipes and hopefully it will make your life a little easier too :) I'll call it Random Recipes - because with my life, you never know what kind of recipe it's gonna be, or when I'll post one! :)


Now, please keep in mind that I am definitely no Paula Deen. But I do love to cook and bake, and one of my most favorite things to do is EAT! So I hope you will enjoy, and be able to use some of these recipes!



Earthquake Cake
2/3 c. coconut
2/3 c. chopped pecans
2/3 c. chocolate chips
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 18oz. pkg. German Chocolate cake mix
1 stick butter
2 c. powdered sugar

Follow directions carefully. For full effect, sprinkle coconut, pecans and chocolate chips on bottom of greased 9x13 pan. Follow directions on back of box, mix cake mix and pour over first layer in pan. Melt cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar, mix well and pour on top, spreading to make a little thicker on edges. (Note: It will be a little tough to spread, so when pouring over, make sure you cover cake mix so you don't have to spread as much.) Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until done in middle. Enjoy!!!

I'm gonna go eat a piece right now.

1 comment:

Kasey Hunt said...

Great idea!! Looking forward to more yummy recipes!