"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Friday, October 16, 2009

Daycare

For us moms that work, daycare is vital. Not just a place for our kids to go, but a place that we feel safe and comfortable with. A place where our kids have fun, get played with and learn, and feel safe and loved.

In September our family had to find new daycare after going to the same place for over 6 years. That was quite a change in routine. It was sudden and unexpected, and kind of like mourning a death in a way. Suddenly, we had no place for our kids to go. It was a very unsettling feeling. We immediately gave it to the Lord. And, like always, He answered in a huge way.

The area where we live has a huge need for daycare. There are several families that were and are in need of one. We were very limited as to where to send our kids, but God opened a door for us. My boys are now going to a wonderful lady who has been doing daycare in her home for over 6 years. She is amazing to me. Of course I think anyone who does daycare in their home is amazing. I, myself, could never do it. It takes a special person, for sure.

But my oh my, our Miss Amanda is a true God-send. We LOVE her. She is caring, loving, genuine, honest (which I think is a must with a daycare provider), and so patient. The boys are loving it there. After the first week that Emmitt went, she gave me two pages of pictures she had taken of him. I mean - what? Seriously?? That is just awesome! I love to see what my boys have been up to during their day.

She is definitely an answer to prayer. We were only without daycare for about 3 weeks, when God brought us to Amanda. We are so thankful. So very thankful.

But please, will you pray with me for my sister, and many of my friends. They just got word yesterday, that the local christian daycare where they all send their kids, is closing down. How awful. I know how they feel....like, "What am I gonna do now?" But like He did for us, God has a plan for them as well. He just has to make it clear yet :)

But these mama's, these special friends of mine, sure need comfort right now, and peace that it'll all work out. Our kids are our most treasured blessings. We as Moms need to know they are safe and loved while we are away from them. Pray that these families will find a place like this. Thank you!

3 comments:

Kasey Hunt said...

Little Blessings?

The Baas Family~ said...

Yes, Kasey. They will be closing in 2 weeks.

memoriesmama said...

I'm really surprised they are closing as I know lots of people send their kids there and absolutely love it. I know how hard it is to find good daycare where you feel comfortable leaving your kids. I will be praying for all the parents who currently send their kids there.