"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Monday, September 21, 2009

The smell of Fall is in the air!


Well, in about an hour or so, we will be off to another one of Olivia's soccer games. They have played 6 so far, and are undefeated. Eric is enjoying coaching her team again this year. They are playing so well, and are learning what teamwork is all about.


Fall not only brings soccer, but lots of other fun activities - like our school's annual auction, fun booster club activities and fund-raisers, our anniversary!! (12 years this year!), pumpkins/halloween, making apple pies w/ my mom, grandma and sisters, etc.....the list could go on. Needless to say, it's my most favorite time of year!!! I love the crisp fall air, the cooler weather, the gorgeous leaves changing colors, and all the fun activities! It's a busy, hustle/bustle time of year, but still my favorite. I only wish summer came after it, and not our cold Michigan winters!!! Brrrrrrr :( But let's not think about that yet :)

This past month a lot has happened to our family. The major change was a switch in our daycare. For 6 years my kids have been going to the same daycare, and they won't be going anymore due to some changes in that family's lives. It's sad, it's kind of like mourning a death in a way....we have to say goodbye to something that's been routine for years, and that's hard. But life is full of changes, and GOD brings those changes for a reason. Throughout all of this, I went to my Lord in fervent prayer for a door to open for a new daycare, and last week He answered our prayers in a big - no, HUGE way. He is so amazing, why do I ever doubt? So tomorrow Emmitt will start going to Amanda's house 3 days and week. We went and visited her last week, and my motherly instinct just told me, YES, this is it! Praise God.

This same God who brings on the changing of the seasons, and does things so vast we can hardly comprehend them, listened to me and my prayers last month, and cares for me so very much that He answered them ten-fold! I thank Him and Praise Him for being so awesome!!

I hope and pray you have a blessed Fall, and that God blesses you in a special way too :)

1 comment:

memoriesmama said...

Congratulations on 12 years coming up! We also celebrate our anniversary in the fall (my favorite season of the year)! We will celebrate 11 years next month. I'm so thankful God gave us fall--now if it would just feel like fall!