"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Saturday, April 11, 2009

He Lives

Tomorrow we celebrate Easter. My family enjoys the typical Easter traditions, like coloring Easter eggs, finding hidden Easter baskets, and so on. But at the same time, we never lose sight of what Easter is truly about.




And that's Jesus.



Jesus.



He was born to die. Die for us - you and me. Every time I think of this, I am moved to tears. What a sacrifice.





And all for us.....who sin against him every-single-day.



We had a (as we do every year) Maundy Thursday service at our Church to remember Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. Every year this service is so meaningful and reiterates what I tend to lose sight of throughout the year. This time it was a tenebrae focused on the last seven words Jesus said on the cross. Each scene had a different character that played a role in Jesus' life and death. The one that moved me most was of Jesus' mother, Mary. As she looked up at her son hanging on that cross, what must that have felt like? I just can hardly imagine how much pain she went through. She knew it would happen one day, but how can anything prepare you for that?? Having two sons myself, I could hardly take watching that scene.

We have an amazing Lord. One who gave up His son, so that we might have eternal, everlasting life. Can you imagine that sacrifice? It's pretty humbling, isn't it?

But He arose! And He Lives! He lives in my heart, and I hope He lives in yours too.



This Easter, I wish you a wonderful time with your family and celebrating fun traditions with your kids, or whomever. But I pray that you focus on the cross, and on our Jesus. For this, is the true meaning of Easter.



He Lives!