"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Monday, June 16, 2008

Legacy of a Good Man~

"Follow my example, as I follow
the example of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1

I am most fortunate to have a husband
who is a teriffic dad to our kids - and
to have a wonderful father myself.

God has truly blessed Eric with the
gift of fatherhood. Every night when he
comes home from work, he's lookin for
the kids immediately. He's so patient
with them, and is so involved. I call him
a "get down on the floor and play dad",
because that's exactly what he does.

He's leaving his legacy.

I am blessed to have him, truly blessed.

It's so hard to get all 3 kids looking at the
camera at the same time, let alone smiling
at the same time! Here's the best we could do!
(Olivia's sick of it)

Our Father's day was great. It was a
beautiful sunny day, so the kids swam,
we went for a walk and snapped some
pictures down by the dam (I'll post
those later...), and we had
my family over for dinner.


We also purchased a new lawn
mower recently, so this was
Eric's Father's Day gift :}



This is my Dad, my rock. I just have
a heart full of love for him.

One of my dearest memories of my Dad
is when I moved back home after college.
I had to leave for work early, and every
morning when I came down the stairs to
go, there he was, sitting in his chair
by the fireplace in his bathrobe reading
his Bible.

I never thought anything of it then.... that
was just my Dad. But looking back now - what an
example. He has always been a book of knowledge,
with great advice.

But most importantly - he loves His Lord.

Truly loves Him.

I can't think of a better example for your kids
than that. He's leaving us his legacy.

We got to snap a few pictures at our
Father's Day dinner at my house.
These are my 2 little "big" brothers :>
(Sis Sue was camping)

Us kids got him a bug zapper!
He loved it!


OK - here's a funny (actually it's not really funny)
story....
My mom got this recipe for a fruit pizza dessert
that she's been wanting to make really bad. So
she offered to bring it for Sunday dinner on
Father's Day.
My Dad was taking a walk down by the dam, so when
it was time to go, she put the dessert in the back
seat of his truck and drove down to the dam to
pick him up. She got there and waited, and before
she could say anything, my dad opened the back door of the
truck and let their dog, Rastis, in. You can about
guess what happened next.....

Here's a picture of her beautiful fruit pizza that
the dog ruined!

What a bummer!

She said "you might as well laugh
about it, right?!"


I thank God for Eric and my Dad,
and the examples they are to my kids
and me.

I hope I can leave that kind of legacy to my
kids too.

3 comments:

Rosencrans Family said...

Sal, you're right, you have awesome men in your life!:) Eric is a great dad. I remember visiting with Peyton and how he played with her too. And I will NEVER forget how Steve treated me like his own daughter (even told Kevin to be good to me!:) ). True men of God, they are, witnessing and blessing all those around them!

Mami Sue said...

Yup--Our dad rocks!!
He is THE Best dad ever!!!

memoriesmama said...

Sounds like you had a great dad and that Eric is also a wonderful father.

You can't describe how it feels to watch a godly man become a father and be so involved in his children's lives. I know I thank God everyday for the legacy Chad is leaving for our girls.