"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Father not forgotten.....

After I posted my Father's Day entry yesterday, I realized I never mentioned anything about Eric's Dad.

Talk about legacy......

Eric and I were in college in Iowa when we got the call that he had passed away. It was January 18, 1997. I will never forget that day. We had just gotten engaged a few months prior, and were close to graduating from college and getting married. It was very sudden and unexpected, and was a terrible time for our whole family.

Darryl was an amazing Christian man. He truly lived his life for the Lord, and dedicated himself to being a true servant in the kingdom. He never passed on a chance to witness or to help a fellow man.

He left a legacy to be remembered.....for sure.

I can see glimpses of him in Eric, and I just thank him that he was such a good dad and that he left Eric a legacy to live by. We miss him dearly.

1 comment:

Rosencrans Family said...

I will never forget that day either, Sal! Even though I never met Eric's dad, I know what a blessing he was to Eric and how hard that time was for all of you. What a memory to share with everyone! Love you! Chris