"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chicks in the Mail!

So, we thought we'd try raising some
chickens this summer. I grew up doing
chickens in our local 4-H every summer,
and Olivia is old enough to do this now,
so we're gonna give it a try. I have very
fun memories of it, and we hope our
kids will too.

I got a phone call yesterday morning from
our post office saying our chicks were in.
They come right in the mail! It was so
fun to pick up that box and hear all the
little peeps! Cam was with me and
didn't know what to think at first :}

Here he is helping me unload
the box of chicks.

Saying Cam loves them is
an understatement!


Olivia was in love too. They are

both out in the chicken coop
all the time now :}


Here's our chicken coop that
Eric fixed up. It works great!
I'm sure we'll have fun doing this!

3 comments:

Rosencrans Family said...

Awesome pictures, Sal! Cam and Liv look so cute with the chicks! I bet they're having a blast with them! We're loving spring here too! Hope to talk to you some time soon! Love you! Chris

memoriesmama said...

We're getting chickens this year as well! I think they are being ordered today (our neighbor is ordering them for us). We are just getting meat chickens though. It would be nice to have a hen house for some layers, but we don't have anything to use as a hen house (the others are going in a chicken tractor). I hope our girls enjoy them as much as it looks like your kids do!

Jennifer Atkinson said...

How fun!!! One of my students has all kinds of animals on their hobby farm. I'll have to show her your pictures.