"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Childlike Faith~

Well, I couldn't get any more pictures to work - bummer. We have to keep working on that problem..... I have a special story for you though -
Last night, we were getting ready to get the kids in bed, and Eric, -the ever hunter man - spotted a coyote right behind our house. It was very dark, but you could see it moving around and it was quite close. Of course, he was off to the garage to get his gun and see if he could shoot it. Me and the kids stood by our back door and watched. I told Olivia to hold Emmitt a minute and I was going to go get the binoculars to see if we could see it better. She looked at me with those eyes, and said. "No mom, don't go." I could tell she was scared. May sound silly, but she's a little sensitive when it comes to animals like that, especially so close. Anyway, I reminded her that coyotes couldn't open doors and that she was perfectly safe because they are definitely more scared of us. Well, sure enough, it heard Eric and took off running. When this was all over, I overheard Olivia reciting something. I asked her what it was, and she told me it was something she had memorized from a book. I asked her to share it with me, and this is what she said...
"Keep your hand on me.....
Dear God,
Sometimes I'm full of fear,
Then I remember You're right here.
And in the dark when I can't see,
I know you keep Your hand on me."
Well, I was instantly brought to tears. So many things went through my head in that moment. What joy it brought my heart to know that my little 7 year old goes to Jesus when she's feeling afraid. It made me proud, so proud. Oh to have a childlike faith like that. I just wanted to share that, cuz if you're like me, I don't go to Jesus often enough, and I was thankful for this reminder from my daughter that His hand is always on me.

3 comments:

Mami Sue said...

OH WHAT A PRECIOUS STORY OF MY SWEET NEICE! ONE FOR HER BABY BOOK FOR SURE!! YUP, AUNTIE IS CHOKED UP HERE :( THANKS FOR SHARING THAT SIS--GOOD REMINDER FOR ALL OF US!
LOVE YA!

jentyatkinson said...

Olivia is just so special!! I also wish I had a faith like that.
Love you!
Jen

The Nikkel's said...

Sal
I can just hear your beatiful daughter...what a touching story. Keep sharing!
Laura